Children's Room
- Bruce Tucker
- Jul 9
- 1 min read
In the 1960’s [?] Allison Williams cleared out a dingy coal bin in the libraries dirt floor basement to serve as a storage space for the Alfred Historical Society. Useable space in the basement was expanded and concrete floors were poured as funds allowed. By 1978, the space had become habitable enough to become the home for a brightly lit and colorful Children’s Room which was named for 1950-1972 Librarian Bertha Drew. The bright murals were painted by Linda Migneault.













Comments